"my dad never wanted me to be an actor – he wanted me to be a lawyer.” Funke Akindele yarn



40-year-old Actress, Funke Akindele-Bello AKA ‘Jenifa‘ don come out dey yarn tori ontop wetin she face as she dey enter inside the movie industry.


The Actress tell CNN ‘African Voices’ say, she no know say she go dey popular like this, even as she been art one Ogbonge film wey dem call ‘I Need To Know’.

She say her papa no support her, but her mama stand gidigba for her back..

Read as she take yarn the tori bellow.

“Growing up was fun for me having the support of my mum, she believed so much in my talent, though my dad never wanted me to be an actor – he wanted me to be a lawyer.”

“When I started ‘I Need To Know’, I never thought I would be this celebrated. I was 20 years old then. When I shot the pilot I just wanted to do it, I wanted to showcase my God-given talent… I remember the director telling me I was overacting because I was excited about it.”

“Jenifa is witty, she’s crazy, she’s a go-getter, she doesn’t want to take no for an answer and I think I have that – I don’t want to take no for an answer.”
“All I can say is I’m grateful, it’s not easy for you to work hard and people appreciate you.”



Previous
Next Post »

Featured Video